Labels

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Pivot Point by Kasie West


Genre: Sci-Fi / Romance
Page Count: 343

GOODREADS SUMMARY:
Knowing the outcome doesn’t always make a choice easier . . .

Addison Coleman’s life is one big “What if?” As a Searcher, whenever Addie is faced with a choice, she can look into the future and see both outcomes. It’s the ultimate insurance plan against disaster. Or so she thought. When Addie’s parents ambush her with the news of their divorce, she has to pick who she wants to live with—her father, who is leaving the paranormal compound to live among the “Norms,” or her mother, who is staying in the life Addie has always known. Addie loves her life just as it is, so her answer should be easy. One Search six weeks into the future proves it’s not.

In one potential future, Addie is adjusting to life outside the Compound as the new girl in a Norm high school where she meets Trevor, a cute, sensitive artist who understands her. In the other path, Addie is being pursued by the hottest guy in school—but she never wanted to be a quarterback’s girlfriend. When Addie’s father is asked to consult on a murder in the Compound, she’s unwittingly drawn into a dangerous game that threatens everything she holds dear. With love and loss in both lives, it all comes down to which reality she’s willing to live through . . . and who she can’t live without.

Well, this book has definitely made my favorites list.  First of all -- just look at the cover!  I've been wanting to read this book ever since I came across it on GoodReads a couple months ago and eagerly awaited the release date, February 12th, 2013.  I had high expectations for this book, and it managed to exceed them!  The writing style was amazing, the characters were intriguing, the plotline is very original, and then there's the ending.  

The ending completely surprised me and it broke my heart and -- (I should stop talking or else there will be spoilers).



I read this book in under 24 hours because it's very fast-paced and I loved every second of it. Now I can't believe I have to wait a year for the second installment in the series! (Update: the second book is called 'Split Second'. How cool is that?)

I loved how the author had you rooting for a certain potential future in the beginning, and you knew that you wanted Addie to pick that future for sure, but then something would happen in the other potential future that would make you switch sides.  My emotions were all over the place and I never knew what was going to happen next.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Disclaimer: The pictures that are used in the featured posts are not my own. I put the images together and add the text, but I did not create the pictures that you see.